Sunday, April 17, 2011

Reality

Passing out from the college had dual emotions . There was a gloominess in the surroundings picturing the pain of leaving the college .I was leaving the college who change my life . I was sad because i was leaving not only the college , but friends and everything which i liked in the college too. But my feelings were little vibrant too as i was going to adopt a new form of life i.e. Corporate life.

I saw that everything is planned . Take the work experience of 2-3 years , Go for Higher Studies , Come back and work in a good company at a good position or do a start-up . Things were looking so much simple and elementary . I never felt the need of a contingency plan . But things got changed when i stepped into the Reality. When you join a company, you not only increase money in your pocket but you increase liabilities too. It is the life which comes with the cost of changing your full life style . Slowly slowly you get addicted to the perks and facilities provided to you by this new life. The ambition which looked so simple just after gradation suddenly became unachievable. I just got lost in the intricacies of this corporate world .

Jon brings new responsibilities .Your job increases expectation of your family . Your job brings new liabilities . Your frugal life style becomes a lavish one . Effectively you become a slave of your own job . You get addicted to it . I am not saying that i got succumbed to it , but the vigor and enthusiasm i used to have for study before this has got lost somewhere . Slowly i have become more specific . I don't want to read stuff which is not useful in my job . I just want to do everything limited .

Now when i think about higher studies the big question which haunts my mind is "What should i do ? ". I see Higher studies more as a value addition to my current situation in employee - employer relationship . I don't see it as commodity which will actually increase my knowledge of life . It has become a profit-gain game . I value it as a return-investment plan . If i do MS by GRE from US Institute i would be paying at-least x amount and will get a job of at-least y amount . Same scenario revolves for CAT , GATE and last but not the least , what if i stay at the job for some more time ? These questions are unanswerable .



3 comments:

suryaworldedu said...

very nice article. Thanks for sharing.

@phani said...

it was nice i liked it and We atAuroraare trying to join theList Top Engineering Collegesby creating new practices in the Engineering Education in India. We request you all to have a look and let us know how we can improve our educational techniques.

evening party saree said...

The situation has caused the participants of the report strong resonance. The participants agreed that this situation report of seeking truth from facts, face to face with now, greatly raised morale, inspired everyone arduous pioneering, and create splendid future confidence and determination.